Tuesday, November 18, 2008

All-States and All-Scholastics!

All-States Results:

Andrew Swiderski placed 91st/150 with a time of 18:14.0. Congrats to Swiddy on a great season and to making it this far!

The Attleboro Sun Chronicle just reported thier All-Scholastic selections for the fall cross country season. Four of Norton's athletes will be recognized!

Andrew Swiderski - All Scholastic Selection
Audra Schlehuber - Honorable Mention
Gil O'Neil - Honorable Mention
Cam Parker - Honorable Mention

2 comments:

Rob S. said...

Yea Cross Country Team!!

vunky said...

Coach Taylor,

Congrats on an outstanding season. I was a graduate of class of 1977 and that was Norton's first year with a outdoor track. We had no indoor program, unfortunately. I have been following the boys via Sun Chronicle and saw them at States. They really are doing well. My son actually finished 5th in D2 XC for North Andover at States. I am also watching Gil O'Neil and wish him well as he has an excellent chance to break my 800m (actually 880 yds when I ran) record and I wish him the best. He is close and should be able to do it. He deserves it, even though it would be okay with me if it stayed a couple more years.

Ironically, my nephew-Mike Costa, is also on your team, which I am glad to see.

Regardless, you are doing an outstanding job with the program and it is fun to see Lancer track and XC back on track.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Bill Varney
Class of '77
Lancer Pride