Andrew Swiderski placed 3rd overall at the TVL championships with an overall "smokin" per mile personal record of 5:29 and a time of 17:02 in the 5K. Gil O'Neil placed 5th overall with a new personal record in the 5K (17:27), which is a 5:37 pace. Cameron Parker placed 11th overall with a 17:54 (5:45 pace). Their hopes are set on being TVL all stars. Congrats boys!
Many of the Lancers also got PR's (personal records in the 5k!) Congrats to Tim Lewis on his overall personal record per mile time as well. Norton placed 5th overall at the TVL meet. The loss of Emerson Almeida (injury) pushed the Lancers behind some teams. The Lancers placed 4th overall in the regular season. Holliston and Hopkinton tied for first (thanks to Norton beating the #1 team Holliston). Medfield came in 3rd. Norton placed fourth overall in the league ahead of Dover-Sherborn, Westwood, Bellingham, and Ashland.
Congrats to a great season athletes!
Norton moves into the postseason starting next weekend as they attend the Wrentham Invitational on Saturday, November 1st.
Following that, the Lancers will represent Norton at the Division 4 Championships @ Franklin Park on Novemeber 8th.
If qualified, individuals from Norton will complete in the ALL-STATE competition on November 15th at Franklin Park.
Results from TVL Meet:
3. Swiderski, Andrew Norton 17:03.52 (5:29 pace)
5. O'Neil, Gil Norton 17:27.15 (5:37 pace)
11. Parker, Cam Norton 17:54.47 (5:45 pace)
49. Sugar, Dan Norton 21:57.59 (7:04 pace)
51. Sargent, Ben Norton 22:20.52 (7:11 pace)
52. Gillis, Mike Norton 23:00.86 (7:25 pace)
36. Audra, Schlehuber Norton 24:35.79 (7:55 pace)
JUNIOR VARSITY BOYS:
44. Lewis, Tim Norton 22:10.42
50. Costa, Mike Norton 22:24.45
JUNIOR VARSITY GIRLS:
36. Mello, Holly Norton 26:36.80
48. Ledbetter, Annie Norton 27:46.42
52. Bessette, Kayla Norton 28:21.93
19. McCready, Chris Norton 15:41.72
23. Remick, Matt Norton 16:28.62