Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An Email from Holliston....Let's Discuss.....

Hi Coaches, My girls are going to jog through a road race in Holliston on September 21st. The committee to rebuild a play ground in town started this race a year or so ago and the captains were asked to help fill out the field as a little community service. At our preseason captains meeting they thought it would be fun to invite the girls from the league to come run together in the crowd with our school colors. They thought it would remind people that girls are athletes and cross country is a sport and accomplish the desire to help the play ground build effort. They mentioned that if everyone brings a lunch we could picnic together before the girls go home. Very informal and laid back. If you are interested the web site is WWW.holliston5k.com.
As an added attraction for my girls, the old fat coach is also going to find his running shoes in the back of the closet and labor through the run. I have 25 days to get ready. Any of you coaches who want to join me I may need the help (Brian, Kent, Miranda, Toni and Nancy will need to drag a wagon full of dirt if you want to run with me).

Sam

No comments: